Tentative Graduation List for March 2018
Download: Tentative Graduation List For March 2018
Download: Letter to Graduands
Greetings and best wishes from Uganda Martyrs University (UMU). The academic journey indeed has been long, but at last, your success is within sight. As we start preparations for graduation, UMU Management would like you to take note of the following:
- The last Senate meeting on 15th February 2018 received and approved all results (including those of your research project). A student whose results were not submitted to the last Senate will mean that he/she will graduate in November 2018.
- Every student will be required to use the available gown supplied by the University. Therefore you will not be allowed to use any gown from another institution. In view of this, Management has put in place a plan to make the gowns available as early as possible so that students can pick them with ease. IT IS A MUST TO PAY FOR THE UMU GOWN AS PART OF THE GRADUATION FEE AND NO REFUND WILL BE MADE.
- On clearance for graduation, Management would like you to note that after clearing with your Campuses you shall also clear with the Finance Department at the Main Campus, Nkozi (see no. 7 below). Clearing shall start from Monday, 26th February 2017 up to 7th March 2018. After 7th March 2018, the name(s) of those who will not have fully cleared shall be removed from the graduation list.
- As a graduand, please be informed that you are entitled to TWO VISITORS ONLY THAT CAN COME ALONG WITH YOU AT THE 23RD Graduation Part II on FRIDAY 16th MARCH 2018. Please save us from the embarrassment of turning extra people away on the day of graduation. If you are to graduate, it is therefore important that you make your clearance with the respective Faculties and Offices (see no. 3 above).
- It is very important that you understand that you need to dress properly on the day of graduation. If you are a lady and wearing a skirt, it is expected that your skirt at least SHOULD COVER YOUR KNEES. The moment you start pulling it, know that you are already wearing something that does not fit you properly. Gentlemen will be expected NOT TO WEAR PLAITED HAIR OR UNCOMBED HAIR.
- Graduands are strictly advised to come for Graduation when they are sober. Any graduand who will be found to be drunk or intoxicated from any substance will be turned away by security.
- UMU Graduands have preserved a noble tradition of remaining at the graduation function after their names are read. To continue with this good tradition, you are requested to remain at the graduation function until the Chancellor dissolves the Assembly.
- Here is a list of various fees regarding graduation. I hope you keep this information near you so that it will be handy as you clear for graduation.
- Graduation fees: Postgraduate/Bachelor/Diploma: the cost is UGX 200,000 and it covers the academic documents 100,000, graduation expenses 80,000 and alumni fee is 20,000.
- Graduation gown: For PhD, the cost is UGX 200,000; Masters is UGX 150,000; Bachelor is 100,000; Diploma UGX 70,000 and Certificate is UGX 55,000.
- PhD: 400,000
- Masters: 350,000
- Bachelors: 300,000
- Diploma: 270,000
- Certificate: 255,000
- Once you have known how much to pay, pick a bank slip from your Campus, the Bank to pay to is:
- STANBIC BANK.
- The Account title: Uganda Martyrs University.
- The Account Number: 9030005766523.
- Note: PLEASE DO NOT USE ZEEPAY. As you plan to graduate, also plan to pick another application form for the next program to be enrolled in
- As you are aware this year (2018) UMU will celebrate her Silver Jubilee since its founding. When the date for the celebration is finally fixed, you will be requested to join us in the celebrations as well as support UMU as its Alumnus/Alumna. While wishing you a successful completion of your studies at Uganda Martyrs University, I remain
Rev. Dr. Christopher B. Mukidi