Job Opportunity Procurement Assistant
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit University owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for suitably qualified persons to fill the Position of Procurement Assistant as described below:
Position: Procurement Assistant (1 Position)
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University/ACALISE Project
Duty Station: Nkozi, Uganda
Remuneration: Attractive package
The successful candidate must possess the following attributes:
Good interpersonal relations, management, administrative and organizational skills. S/he should have a satisfactory record of service to the community. S/he must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality. S/he must be a team player and a witness to ethical values. Please note that female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be expected to strengthen the University’s procurement function
- Plans prioritizes, assigns and supervises procurement of goods and services for ACALISE in liaison with ACALISE management
- Reviews, analyses and recommends procurements to ACALISE management and Procurement Committee after competitive bidding
- Ensures compliance with PPDA and World Bank Procurement procedures
- Follow up prompt payment to vendors according to the approved purchase order agreement; punctual delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment, and conducts negotiations of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
- Prepares a weekly procurement progress log with an up-to-date status of procurements for sharing with relevant staff.
- Prepare periodic procurement reports.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Should hold a Degree in Procurement and Logistics or Business Administration with a bias in procurement. A professional qualification in Procurement will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years working experience in a relevant field is essential.
- Computer literacy i.e. experience in use of Microsoft office applications i.e. word, excel and power point.
- Ability and willingness to learn World Bank procurement procedures.
- Very well organized and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Applications from suitably qualified candidates must be accompanied with an up-to-date CV, copies of relevant documents (certificates and awards), day-time telephone contacts and email address should be submitted to the office of the Director- Human Resources not later than 22nd June 2018. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed and delivered to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P O Box 5498