Job opportunity – Director Human Resource
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit University owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the following position:
HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
Position: Director, Human Resources
Duty Station: UMU Main Campus Nkozi
Reports to: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance, and Administration
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have a Masters Degree or its equivalent in a relevant field preferably in Human Resource Management obtained from a recognized Institution. S/he should have worked at the rank of Human Resource Officer or Assistant Human Resource Officer for at least three years in a reputable organization. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, a satisfactory record of service to the community and a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Deal with all matters related to personnel requests, grievances, proposals and any other related matters.
- Be responsible for the development of training plans, administration, follow up, as well as monitoring and evaluating of trainings.
- Bring any pending issues regarding staffing, to the attention of Management for final decisions.
- Be responsible for staff welfare in terms of sports, health, conducive environment and security at the University. S/he shall preside over the Housing Committee meetings.
- Prepare agendas for the Staff Committee in collaboration with the Registrar.
- Subject to the provisions of the Statutes relating to the filling of vacancies by promotions or advertisement in any suitable local or international media agencies, if desirable.
- Be responsible for effecting staff appointments, leaves, discipline and records pertaining thereof.
- Be responsible for the conditions and terms of service of the staff.
- Be responsible for the proper handing over and taking over university offices.
- Be responsible for the proper implementation of the Human Resources Manual.
How to apply:
Suitable candidates should apply to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance and Administration not later than, 23rd August 2019. All applications must be accompanied by an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references (including the most recent employer), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, current-day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance, and Administration
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala