Job opportunity – Chief Finance Officer
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit University owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the following position:
Position: Chief Finance Officer
Duty Station: UMU Main Campus Nkozi
Reports to: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance, and Administration
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have a Masters Degree obtained from a recognized Institution. S/he should have worked at least at the rank of Finance Officer in a reputable organization. S/he should possess ACCA/CPA and a member of ICPAU. S/he should have at least five years of satisfactory service as a Finance Officer in a reputable organization and satisfactory record of service to the community. This position requires a high level of integrity, soft skills, and confidentiality.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Finance Department
- Approves expenses as per the approval framework
- Manages monthly payroll process prior to disbursement
- Oversee the whole budgeting process
- Prepares monthly management accounts for discussion with DVC, FA, Management Committee, Finance Committee, and Governing Council.
- Be in charge of and supervise human resource in the Finance Department.
- Prepare at the end of every financial year a statement of accounts for an annual audit and other management decisions showing a balance sheet and a statement of income and expenditure.
- Manage the University cash flow including funds for Donor Projects.
- Collect and account for all dues of the University including fees, sales, and other payments.
- Keep correct records of monies due to the University from rents, fundraising, donations, subsidies, legacies, grants, professional services, investments, endowments, fees, etc.
- Disburse University funds against approved vouchers.
- Keep correct and accurate records of all assets and property (movable and immovable) of the University.
- Assist in the management of University business and attend meetings as may be lawfully required by Management.
- Keep the schedule of Insurance Policies and pay the premium when due.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by relevant authorities
How to apply:
If you meet these requirements, apply by hard copy to the Director, Human Resources. Please attach your current Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references (including the most recent employer), proof of academic qualifications, a current-day telephone contact, and email address. Interested persons should apply not later than, Monday 12th August 2019.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala