Job opportunity – Senior finance officer in charge of management accounts
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit University owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for suitably qualified persons to fill the Position of Senior Finance Officer in charge of Management Accounts as described below.
Position: Senior Finance Officer in charge of Management Accounts (1 Position)
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Duty Station: Main Campus – Nkozi
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
The candidate should hold a Masters Degree in Business Administration, Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or any other relevant business course from a reputable institution. Note: Full CPA/ACCA is a must requirement; knowledge in accounting packages such as Zeevarsity is an added advantage.
The candidate should have three (3) years working experience preferably with a finance/accounting background from a reputable institution.
S/he should have good interpersonal relations, management, administrative and organizational skills. S/he should have a satisfactory record of service to the community. S/he must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality. S/he must be a team player and a witness to ethical values.
- Assist the CFO in managing all aspects of management accounting
- Be responsible for preparing management accounts
- Be responsible for recording, processing and posting all transactions relating to all university projects
- Reviewing bank reconciliations
- Coordinating external audits.
- Overall supervision of the annual stocktaking
- Supervising Management Accounts Assistants
- Assist the Budget Officer in preparation, monitoring, controlling and reviewing budgets.
- Assisting the Budget Officer in the preparation of budget performance reports.
- Coordinating with other relevant university offices and officers to get or provide the required information.
- Coordinating with university campus accountants and reviewing their quarterly reports
- Carry out any other function that may be required for the services of the University.
How to apply:
Applications from suitably qualified candidates must be accompanied with an up-to-date CV, copies of relevant documents (certificates and awards), telephone contact and email address should be submitted to the office of the Director- Human Resources not later than 10th February 2018.
Applications should be addressed and delivered to:
Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala