Job opportunity – Chief Finance Officer
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit University owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the following position:
Position: Chief Finance Officer
Duty Station: UMU Main Campus
Reports to: Deputy Vice-Chancellor Finance and Administration
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The Chief Finance Officer is part of the Management team hence a high level of experience and competence is expected from the candidate. The candidate should be a Certified Public Accountant in good standing. S/he should have a relevant Bachelor’s degree obtained from a recognized Institution. A Masters’s degree is an added advantage. The candidate should have over 10 years of experience while working with a reputable University/Organisation and a satisfactory record of service to the community. The candidate should have good interpersonal and communication skills. This position requires a high level of integrity, soft skills, and confidentiality. Please note that the remuneration for this position is attractive.
As a Management member, the Chief Finance Officer should be able to engage with various members of the University, both at senior and junior levels. The job description will include the following;
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team;
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor and members of the management team;
- Drive the financial planning and management processes including financial forecasting and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting;
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning;
- Lead in the development and use of best-practice, policies, and tools that ensure a well-controlled university with strong fiscal and project management, cross-team communications and workflow;
- Establish and develop relations with senior management, external partners and stakeholders including donors;
- Perform risk management that includes analyzing and monitoring the universities’ liabilities and investments;
- Advise on investment activities and funding options that will enhance the capacity of the university to sustain itself in both the short and long term;
- Review all formal finance and IT related procedures and
- Ensure compliance with various laws and regulations when preparing the financial reports.
How to apply:
All applications should reach the Director, Human Resources by 14th November 2019. All applications must be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references, copies of academic certificates and transcripts and current-day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala