Job opportunities – Dean of Students & Internal Auditor
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit University owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Position: Dean of Students (1 Position)
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Duty Station: Main Campus – Nkozi
Reports to: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic Affairs (DVC, AA)
The candidate should be a holder of Masters Degree in Education Planning and Management, Counseling, Psychology, and Sociology or related fields from a recognized University. S/he must possess a Bachelors degree in related fields.
S/he should have a minimum of 5 years working experience, three of which must be at Senior Management level from a reputable organization. Past experience in working with students in a University or similar institution will be an added advantage.
S/he should have a track record of high integrity with interpersonal relation skills, leadership, and people skills. S/he should have the ability to understand student behavioral patterns, group dynamics and inspire disciplined behavior. S/he should have proven ability to manage teams and transfer skills and knowledge to others through formal training and technical support. S/he should be a computer literate.
- Responsible for the welfare of the students in accordance with the statutes.
- Responsible for ensuring that students comply with the University rules and regulations.
- Oversee the general welfare of students as well as their social activities on the University Campus.
- Work as a link between Management and Students leadership.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Position: Internal Auditor (1 Position)
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Duty Station: Nkozi, Uganda
Remuneration: Attractive package
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
In charge of examining the correctness of financial records and completeness of documentation;
- Responsible for verifying receipts, match and undertaking on-line reconciliation of invoices and Local Purchase Order for goods and services procured prior to effecting payments;
- In charge of reviewing the completion of accountability returns, verify and retire advance ledgers;
- Reviewing periodic bank reconciliations;
- The job holder will be verifying payroll change request and reports to ensure correctness of computations, payments, and deductions, certify and follow-up approval and payment of beneficiaries;
- Perform any other duties as to be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The applicants for the Internal Auditor Placements should be Ugandans holding Honours Bachelor’s Degrees in Finance and Accounting or B.Com (Audit/Accounting Option) or BBA/Studies (Audit/Accounting Option) or full Professional qualifications in Accounting like ACCA or CPA or CIMA or equivalent professional qualification in Accountancy obtained from a recognized awarding Institution affiliated to IFAC.
- Professional qualification in Internal Audit, like Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Audit (CISA), or equivalent professional qualification in Internal Audit is an added advantage.
- High Degree of Ethics and Integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and computer Skills
- Proven ability to adapt to a multi-cultural setting
- High degree of innovation concern for quality, standards technical
- Proven ability to coach subordinates and report writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Good negotiation skills
- Good team building, innovation, and concern for quality and standards.
How to apply
Applications from suitably qualified candidates must be accompanied with an up-to-date CV, copies of relevant documents (certificates and awards), telephone contact and email address should be submitted to the office of the Director- Human Resources not later than 31st March 2018.
Applications should be addressed and delivered to:
Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala