Get an Entrepreneurial MBA while supporting a leading Italian Packaging Machines company to explore Uganda!
- THE GLOBAL MBA IN IMPACT ENTREPRENEURSHIP
The Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship (alsoknown as MBA Global Business and Sustainability) is offeredby ALTIS (Graduate School Business and Society, Catholic University of Milan, Italy) in partnership with Uganda Martyrs University (Rubaga Campus, Kampala). It is a dual degree Master program to provide would-be, early stage and high growth entrepreneurs with results-oriented education, coaching and interaction with the local business community and potential investors.
Participants acquire knowledge and skills useful for starting or scaling a business and for contributing to the sustainable development of Uganda.
The MBA helps participants to apply what they learn to their business while keep on doing business and work thanks to a unique and flexible blend of Class lessons (only 40 days over 12 months), DistanceLearning and Coaching.
A part from candidates with their own business idea, the MBA has a limited number of seats connected with Italian companies that wants to explore Uganda. In exchange of a partial scholarship, the candidate will work for the entire MBA on their business project. If the cooperation proves to be successful, further business and employment opportunities might arise after the MBA.
More information on the MBA’s previous edition: http://altis.unicatt.it/altis-global-mba-in-impact-entrepreneurship-kampala-uganda-mba-overview
Details of next edition will be unveiled soon.
- PURPOSE AND DETAILS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
ICA manufactures automatic packaging machines using flexible materials, capsules, pods and water-soluble single-use packs. For more than 50 years, ICA has offered its customers high quality innovative products and specific solutions capable of meeting all their technical and marketing needs. The originality and innovation of its packaging systems is supported by more than 200 patents and the WIPO INVENTOR AWARD, granted by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
ICAoffers one (1) Partial Scholarships for the MBA consisting in:
- 50% Tuition Fee for the MBA;
- Tutorship and technical mentoring from the Company.
The successful candidate will scout the Ugandan market on the Company’s behalf, adopting the Company’s Business Model as her/his own during the MBA. Upon MBA completion, the candidate will deliver a Business Plan for the Company’s entry into Uganda. She/he will have the chance to receive further training (possibly with an internship in Italy).
- CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Professional experience: 2+ years of work experience in the food transformation / processing / packaging industry (preferably in Production/Maintenance/Procurement roles);
- Education: BA in Management, Economics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subjects. Candidates with other BAs are still eligible when in possess of relevant professional expertise in the food industry in above mentioned roles;
- Basic knowledge of Autocad software;
- Resident in the Central Region (preferably within Kampala area);
- Personal skills: curiosity and willingness to learn, interpersonal skills, orientation to sales and customers, passion for the product and sector.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants must be Ugandan residents and are required to submit their application (Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter) by 15th May, 2016 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org “ICA Application” in the subject.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CANDIDATE
The selected candidate is requested to fulfill all the obligations associated to the MBA including punctuality, participation to class and distance learning work, undertaking of exams and the like. Successful candidate should work on the ICA assignments for the entire MBA period.