Launch for the Silver Jubilee Celebrations on 10th May 2017 at the Rubaga Campus Kampala.
Celebrating 25 Years of Excellence “in the Footsteps of the Uganda Martyrs”
Programme For The Launch of The Silver Jubilee Celebrations
2:30 pm: Arrival of Invited Guest and Tour around the Campus
3:00 pm: Liturgy of the Word-Presided over by the Apostolic Nuncio H.E. Archbishop Michael August Blume
3:40 pm: Ground breaking
4:00 pm: Speeches
1) Vice Chancellor
2) Alumni Representative
3) UMU Patron
4) Chairman of the Uganda Episcopal Conference (Chancellor)
5) Minister of Education and Sports
5:00 pm Cocktail
Departure at Leisure
Objectives for the proposed Jubilee celebrations activities
- Show the public and government the contribution that UMU has made this far.
- Increasing the visibility of UMU, creating awareness and generating interest amongst the general public about UMU and Rebranding/ re-emphasising the tag “Uganda Martyrs University” amongst the public through the delivery of quality services and products by all University entities.
- Recall and capture old memories most especially those worthy of preserving.
- Renew old friendships and form new ones; recognise members and organisations that have made great contribution in UMU.
- Bring together former students, from the old and recent cohorts, plus the current students to unite towards a common cause/ establish opportunity in the interest of making significant contribution to UMU.
- Strengthen our community engagement activities and links especially with the community around UMU.
- Show the public and government the plans UMU has for the next decade.
- Fundraise for the “Jubilee House”.