The Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) was established by an Act of Parliament to manage the Students’ Loan Scheme. The Board has received funds from the Government of Uganda to be used for financing Ugandan Students who are pursuing studies in Higher Education Institutions in Uganda.
The objectives of the Students’ Loan Scheme are:-
(1) To increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda;
(2) To support highly qualified students who may not afford Higher Education;
(3) To ensure regional balance in Higher Education services in Uganda.
The Board therefore invites applications for loans from eligible Ugandan students who have been admitted for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes / Courses listed in tables 2 and 4 for the
Academic year 2015/16.
- Loan Applications Offline Application: Eligible applicants should get hard copy of the application form from Uganda Martyrs University Office of the Academic Registrar; or from any Centenary Bank Branch across the country or download and print a copy from the HESFB website: www.hesfb.go.ug
- Online Application: Eligible applicants should register and apply online for the Higher Education Students’ Financing Loan on the Higher Education Students’ Financing Board’s website http://www.hesfb.go.ug. Visit the website and click on APPLY NOW to start the online application process. Applicants using this window shall be required to scan and upload all the attachments mentioned in the Loan Application Form including the Bank pay-in-slip.
Submission of application forms
On completing the application form, offline applicants are required to submit their application forms
to any branch of Centenary Bank and upon payment of Ugx. 30,000 (Uganda Shillings Thirty Thousand Only) as non-refundable processing fees.
Please note that the Pay-in Bank Slip should be properly kept and will form the first level Loan Application acknowledgement receipt.
Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) Programmes for loan support in the 2015/2016 Academic year.
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Environmental Design (Architecture)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Student must have passed Mathematics/Physics at A ‘Level)
- Bachelor of Science with Education(Secondary)
- Advanced Diploma in Health Services Management
- Diploma in Computer Science and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science with specialisation in: Economics and Statistics; Statistics and Computer Science; Economics and Mathematics; Mathematics and Computer Science; Economics and Computer Science; Mathematics and Statistics ( B. Statistics)
The Students’ Loan will cover tuition fees, functional fees and research fees. The loan shall also cover aids and appliances for persons with disabilities.
- The loan shall NOT cover meals, accommodation and other incidental costs.
- Seek for the loan ONLY IF YOU NEED IT.
- The application form is entirely free but a fully filled application form should be submitted toany Centenary Bank Branch after payment of Ugx. 30,000 (Uganda Shillings Thirty Thousand Only) as processing fees.
- The student loans will only be awarded to students pursuing programs in year I (call them Freshers)
- Students who have received Government or other scholarships are not eligible for the loan scheme.
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application through the Print media, your respective email addresses, the HESFB website, and or via SMS on your private mobile telephone contacts.
Equitable Financing of Higher Education in Uganda.
To provide financing to eligible Citizens of Uganda and increase equitable access to Higher Education in the Country.
Eligibility into the Scheme
Pursuant to Section 20 (1) of the Higher Education Students Financing Act 2014, the scheme is for Ugandan students seeking to pursue Higher Education in accredited institutions of higher learning recognized by the National Council for Higher Education and also pursuing the undergraduate programmes shown in table 2 and 4. Due to the limited funds allocated for the Scheme, the Board shall award loans to students pursuing such programs in year I.
The Executive Director
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board
7th Floor, Plot 1 Lourdel Towers Nakasero,
P.O. Box 16810, Wandegeya-Kampala, Uganda.
Tel: +256 414 255300