Call For Applications
Uganda Martyrs University Central Scholarship Committee in conjunction with African Center of Excellence in Agroecology and Livelihood System (ACALISE) invites applications from eligible candidates for the ACALISE National / International Scholarships for the PhD in Agroecology and Food Systems and MSc in Agroecology, MSc in Monitoring and Evaluation and MSc in Development Economics. The scholarship will be a contribution towards tuition fees as per the University fees structure. International students will in addition receive a contribution towards living costs and accommodation.
Eligible candidates must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, admitted to study in any of the ACALISE Programmes listed above at Uganda Martyrs University or our partner institutions.Applicants must meet the admission conditions of Uganda Martyrs University.
PhD and MSc Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of three and two years respectively. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and will be renewed upon successful completion of the preceding year and submission of a competence report by the Supervisor.
Note: This is a scholarship incentive and applicants should be ready to make a contribution towards the entire cost of the Programme
Regional and Female candidates as well as candidates from less privileged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
1. Fully filled and signed Uganda Martyrs University Scholarship form
2. Signed curriculum vitae.
3. Certified university degree certificates and transcripts.
4. Proof of admission to the ACALISE Programmes.
5. Letter of motivation
6. 2 Referees at least one from Academia. Download reference form here.
Foreign Academic Transcripts and Certificates
Candidates who have been awarded Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees at accredited universities or similar Institutions of higher learning which issue academic documents in languages other than English shall submit notarized English translations of all supporting documentation including, but not limited to, Transcripts, degrees, and diplomas.
The academic levels or equivalence of the qualifications obtained from foreign institutions must be authenticated by the Uganda National Council of Higher Education (NCHE).
A complete application form for MSC. or application form for PHD together with all the application documents listed above should be sent to email: email@example.com before Monday, May15, 2017 by close of business.
Applications can also be hand delivered physically through our campuses or the post office addressed to The Director, School of Postgraduate Studies, Uganda Martyrs University, P.O. Box 5498, Kampala
For inquiries about postgraduate programmes, contact the School of Postgraduate Studies and Research on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +256 (0) 454 660 159, +256 (0) 382 410 611
A non-refundable Application Fee of UGX 40,000 (excluding bank charges) should be paid on issue/submission of the form.
Criteria for World Bank Supported ACALISE Scholarship incentives
ACALISE is a Regional /African Center of Excellence in Agro-ecology and Livelihood Systems based at Uganda Martyrs University Nkozi. Hosted by the Faculty of Agriculture, ACALISE is premised to train high level and well-motivated, ethically oriented Agro-ecology and livelihood systems experts. ACALISE is a 5 year project and
will train 32 PhDs, 240 M.SCs in ACALISE Programmes. ACALISE invites National and International applicants for the scholarships of year 2016/2017
- Admission letter on ACALISE Programmes listed below;- PhD in Agroecology and Food Systems- PhD in Management and Entrepreneurship ( 2017/2018)- MSc. In Agroecology- MSc. In Monitoring and Evaluation
– MSc. In Development Economics
– MSc in Microfinance ( 2017/2018)
– MSc in Ethics ( 2017/2018)
- Evidence of contribution to Uganda Martyrs university convocation scheme
- Agreement to publish research work before graduation(M.SC 1 Paper and PhD 2 Papers in Elsevier coded Journals
- International/Regional students
- Female applicants
- Evidence of Scholarly work/Publications
- Students who are needy
- Students ready to contribute to total fees and state how much they are to contribute