Bsc. IT Now offered at Rubaga Campus
MSc. Monitoring & Evaluation
News & Announcements
PAPAL VISIT FUND-RAISING DRIVE
The papal visit fund-raising drive is to take place at UMU Nkozi on Sunday 11.10.2015. New Vision group and the Archdiocese of Kampala will sale rotary tickets at 2,000/-. The grand prize is a Mercedes Benz, two other cars and many other prizes . Tickets for a charity walk to Namugongo at 10,000/- will also be sold. The walk will take place on Saturday 31.10.2015.
Announcement by Fr. Blaise Zzimbe (Chaplain)
UMU 21st Graduation Ceremony
Preparations are on going for the 21st Uganda Martyrs University graduation ceremony. Candidates that will have fulfilled the requirements for graduation will be awarded their certificates, diplomas and degrees at the event that will take place on 12th and 13 November 2015.
University football League: UMU gets one foot into the semi-final.
Uganda Martyrs University football team, the UMU saints have been an improved side this year and on 30th September 2015, they extended their unbeaten run as they hosted Uganda Christian University in the first leg of this year’s UFL Quater final.
Man of the match Owori Douglas exploited the several weaknesses in the UCU defence by scoring both goals as the UMU saints beat their bitter rivals 2 – 0.
Research & Recent Publications
- Ezra Sebakiga Bigira, Simon Peter Katongole. (September 2015). Management of Hospital Security in General Hospitals of Southwestern Uganda. International Journal of Public Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 173-179.
- Simon Peter Katongole*, John Francis Mugisha, Robert Anguyo DDM, Everd Maniple Bikaitwoha, Lillian Nantume Wampande. (2015). Perceptions of Health Workers and Managers on
the Use of Non-Monetary Human Resource Motivation Tools in General Hospitals of Central Uganda.
- Mary Aliona Masika1, Simon Peter Katongole2, *, Philip Govule2. Improving Partograph Documentation and Use by Health Workers of Bwera Hospital: A Process Improvement Research. (2015).
- MUWANGA-ZAKE, J. W. F. (June, 2015). Whose Education is it? Values of Developing Communities Excluded from Curricula and Quality Assurance in Higher Education. World Academy of Science. Engineering and Technology Conference, London. UK..
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2015) Investigating the processes of socialisation in architectural education: Through experiences in East Africa, PhD Thesis, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2013) “Environmental sustainable design and energy efficiency in architecture education in East Africa”, Paper presented at the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 22-23.
- NDIBWAMI, A. (2013) People’s perceptions of new architecture : A dialogue between the architect, the architecture and the consumer.
- NSHEMEREIRWE, C.V. (2014). The relationship between pre-university schooling and university grades in Uganda (Doctoral Thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands)