UMU SCOOPS FiRE AWARD 2015
Architecture at UMU
January intake 2016
News & Announcements
UMU SIGNS MOU WITH NSAMBYA HOSPITAL
On 2nd December 2015, Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with St. Francis Hospital Nsambya Training School (SFHTS). SFHTS Management Team was led by the Principal, Sr. Stella Josephine Namatovu on behalf of the Medical Director, Dr. Edward Ddumba. UMU and SFHTS developed; one, Bachelor of Nursing Sciences and two, the Bachelor of Midwifery Sciences. The programme will start after accreditation by NCHE.
UMU SIGNS MOU WITH NSAMIZI
On Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (NTISD). The two institutions developed the Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration and Management and the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Development programmes due to start this academic year 2015/2016. In picture are the UMU Management Team led by the Vice Chancellor, Rev. Prof. John C. Maviiri and NTISD Management Team led by the Principal, Dr. Charles Kanyesigye.
UMU 7th Research Conference
The Research Directorate (RD) of Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is organising UMU’s Annual Research Conference on the theme: “Contextualising Sustainable Development in Uganda” to take place at UMU’s main campus, Nkozi, on 27th January 2016. Participation in the conference is by invitation and registration. Staff and students who are not from Uganda Martyrs University, its campus and affiliate institutions, will be required to pay UGX 20,000 for participating in the Conference.
UMU Donates Ambulance To Neighbouring Community
Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) has donated a village ambulance to Nnindye health centre as part of its community engagement programs. The handover ceremony was performed by the University Vice Chancellor Rev. Prof. John Chrysostom Maviiri on Wednesday 27th January 2016 who was accompanied by his deputy Dr. Joseph Kisekka and other members of staff. click here for more
Research & Recent Publications
- Christine Ocokoru1, Robert Anguyo DDM Onzima2, Philip Govule3, Simon-Peter Katongole.(November 2, 2015). Prevalence and Drug Susceptibility of Isolates of Urinary Tract Infections Among Febrile Under-fives in Nsambya Hospital, Uganda
- Ezra Sebakiga Bigira, Simon Peter Katongole. (September 2015). Management of Hospital Security in General Hospitals of Southwestern Uganda. International Journal of Public Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 173-179.
- Simon Peter Katongole*, John Francis Mugisha, Robert Anguyo DDM, Everd Maniple Bikaitwoha, Lillian Nantume Wampande. (2015). Perceptions of Health Workers and Managers on
the Use of Non-Monetary Human Resource Motivation Tools in General Hospitals of Central Uganda.
- Mary Aliona Masika1, Simon Peter Katongole2, *, Philip Govule2. Improving Partograph Documentation and Use by Health Workers of Bwera Hospital: A Process Improvement Research. (2015).
- MUWANGA-ZAKE, J. W. F. (June, 2015). Whose Education is it? Values of Developing Communities Excluded from Curricula and Quality Assurance in Higher Education. World Academy of Science. Engineering and Technology Conference, London. UK..
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2015) Investigating the processes of socialisation in architectural education: Through experiences in East Africa, PhD Thesis, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2013) “Environmental sustainable design and energy efficiency in architecture education in East Africa”, Paper presented at the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 22-23.
- NDIBWAMI, A. (2013) People’s perceptions of new architecture : A dialogue between the architect, the architecture and the consumer.
- NSHEMEREIRWE, C.V. (2014). The relationship between pre-university schooling and university grades in Uganda (Doctoral Thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands)