Apply For Scholarships & Loans
News & Announcements
Scholarships for The Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
Get an Entrepreneurial MBA while supporting a leading Italian Packaging Machines company to explore Uganda!
The Global MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship (alsoknown as MBA Global Business and Sustainability) is offeredby ALTIS (Graduate School Business and Society, Catholic University of Milan, Italy) in partnership with Uganda Martyrs University (Rubaga Campus, Kampala). It is a dual degree Master program to provide would-be, early stage and high growth entrepreneurs with results-oriented education, coaching and interaction with the local business community and potential investors. click here for more
UMU Masaka Education Exhibition
THEME: “Relevance of University Education in Sharpening Creative, Innovative and Entrepreneurial Skills for Critical Societal Development.”
DATE: Saturday 30th April 2016
VENUE: UMU- Masaka Campus at Bwala Hill
TIME: 09:30 am
EXHIBITION FEES: Individuals 50,000/= & Companies 100,000/=
For bookings call 0772 571293/ 0704916334
Come and be part of this career changing opportunity!
Developing of a Training Model in Strengthening of Micro finance in Uganda
As part of the Project” Developing of a Training Model in Strengthening of Micro finance in Uganda funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 8 micro finance students accompanied by their Tutor are in Rome (Italy ) for a month to attend a training course on Micro finance at ‘ SAPIENZA ‘ University of Rome. Thanks to the UMU Collaboration with Sapienza University.
Progress with the African Centre for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems at UMU (ACALISE)
After engaging with the World Bank and the Uganda Government, the ACALISE team (Dr. Jude Ssebuwufu, Assoc. Prof. Julius Mwine, Assoc. Prof. Muwanga-Zake, Dr. Joseph Ssemakula, and other stakeholders) is now completing the Implementation Plans, Procurement Plans, Finance Management Plans, and the Performance Agreements, to be appraised by the World Bank and the Government of Uganda.
The team will soon meet with all stakeholders including (but not limited to) other faculties and schools at UMU.
World Bank Approves UMU’s ESMP
The World Bank has approved the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) of Uganda Martyrs University, as a partial requirement for hosting an African Centre of Excellence (ACE) in higher education. The ACE is to be named the African Centre for Agro-Ecology and Livelihood Systems (ACALISE).
24 out of 114 proposals were conditionally approved. Only 4 out of the 24 are to be hosted in Ugandan universities, and UMU is one the universities. The World Bank tasked each approved ACE to write an ESMP, and UMU’s ESMP was among the ONLY 8 (out of the 24 ESMPs) the World Bank approved without amendments. Additionally, UMU is so far the only private university in the Sub-Saharan region selected to host an ACE.
UMU Signs MOU with Nsamizi
On Wednesday, 2nd December 2015, Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Nsamizi Training Institute of Social Development (NTISD). The two institutions developed the Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration and Management and the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Development programmes due to start this academic year 2015/2016. In picture are the UMU Management Team led by the Vice Chancellor, Rev. Prof. John C. Maviiri and NTISD Management Team led by the Principal, Dr. Charles Kanyesigye.
Research & Recent Publications
- Christine Ocokoru1, Robert Anguyo DDM Onzima2, Philip Govule3, Simon-Peter Katongole.(November 2, 2015). Prevalence and Drug Susceptibility of Isolates of Urinary Tract Infections Among Febrile Under-fives in Nsambya Hospital, Uganda
- Ezra Sebakiga Bigira, Simon Peter Katongole. (September 2015). Management of Hospital Security in General Hospitals of Southwestern Uganda. International Journal of Public Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 173-179.
- Simon Peter Katongole*, John Francis Mugisha, Robert Anguyo DDM, Everd Maniple Bikaitwoha, Lillian Nantume Wampande. (2015). Perceptions of Health Workers and Managers on
the Use of Non-Monetary Human Resource Motivation Tools in General Hospitals of Central Uganda.
- Mary Aliona Masika1, Simon Peter Katongole2, *, Philip Govule2. Improving Partograph Documentation and Use by Health Workers of Bwera Hospital: A Process Improvement Research. (2015).
- MUWANGA-ZAKE, J. W. F. (June, 2015). Whose Education is it? Values of Developing Communities Excluded from Curricula and Quality Assurance in Higher Education. World Academy of Science. Engineering and Technology Conference, London. UK..
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2015) Investigating the processes of socialisation in architectural education: Through experiences in East Africa, PhD Thesis, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2013) “Environmental sustainable design and energy efficiency in architecture education in East Africa”, Paper presented at the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 22-23.
- NDIBWAMI, A. (2013) People’s perceptions of new architecture : A dialogue between the architect, the architecture and the consumer.
- NSHEMEREIRWE, C.V. (2014). The relationship between pre-university schooling and university grades in Uganda (Doctoral Thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands)