You are invited to submit your articles for possible inclusion and publication in our annual journal entitled, JOURNAL OF DEVELOPMENT
STUDIES, VOLUME 5. The Journal of Development Studies is a Social Science publication couched in the Department of Development
Studies (DDS). It is a multidisciplinary peer reviewed journal that is published in conjunction with the Research Directory of Uganda Martyrs
University, Nkozi. It aims at providing a platform for engaging scholarly work on pertinent issues of development. The Journal welcomes
research work in the stipulated special issue themes, as well as standard area papers that tackle key issues of development in novel and
News & Announcements
Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence (ACE II) Project Launched
Nairobi, October 26, 2016: TheEastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence Project (ACE II) seeks to strengthen 24 competitively selected centers to deliver quality, market-relevant post-graduate education, and build collaborative research capacity in ﬁve regional priority areas: industry , agriculture, health, education and applied statistics. The five-year project is financed by the World Bank with US$140m in the form of IDA Credit to eight participating countries. In addition, the Inter University Council for East Africa (IUCEA), which is the Regional Facilitation Unit of the ACE II project will receive an IDA Grant totaling US$8m to facilitate and coordinate the project. Read More
UMU is taking part in the International Open Access Week
Uganda Martyrs University through Archbishop Kiwanuka Memorial Library and the Directorate of Research will be joining the rest of the world to take part in the International Open Access Week that is scheduled take place from 24th – 29th October 2016.
Theme: Open in Action
Dates: 24th to 29th October 2016
Venue: Graduation Square
Research & Recent Publications
- Christine Ocokoru1, Robert Anguyo DDM Onzima2, Philip Govule3, Simon-Peter Katongole.(November 2, 2015). Prevalence and Drug Susceptibility of Isolates of Urinary Tract Infections Among Febrile Under-fives in Nsambya Hospital, Uganda
- Ezra Sebakiga Bigira, Simon Peter Katongole. (September 2015). Management of Hospital Security in General Hospitals of Southwestern Uganda. International Journal of Public Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 173-179.
- Simon Peter Katongole*, John Francis Mugisha, Robert Anguyo DDM, Everd Maniple Bikaitwoha, Lillian Nantume Wampande. (2015). Perceptions of Health Workers and Managers on the Use of Non-Monetary Human Resource Motivation Tools in General Hospitals of Central Uganda.
- Mary Aliona Masika1, Simon Peter Katongole2, *, Philip Govule2. Improving Partograph Documentation and Use by Health Workers of Bwera Hospital: A Process Improvement Research. (2015).
- MUWANGA-ZAKE, J. W. F. (June, 2015). Whose Education is it? Values of Developing Communities Excluded from Curricula and Quality Assurance in Higher Education. World Academy of Science. Engineering and Technology Conference, London. UK..
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2015) Investigating the processes of socialisation in architectural education: Through experiences in East Africa, PhD Thesis, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2013) “Environmental sustainable design and energy efficiency in architecture education in East Africa”, Paper presented at the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 22-23.
- NDIBWAMI, A. (2013) People’s perceptions of new architecture : A dialogue between the architect, the architecture and the consumer.
- NSHEMEREIRWE, C.V. (2014). The relationship between pre-university schooling and university grades in Uganda (Doctoral Thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands)