Architecture at UMU
MSc. Monitoring & Evaluation
News & Announcements
UMU Saints to play in the UFL finals
The Finals of the 2015 season of the University Football League have been scheduled for Saturday 21st November at Mandela National Stadium, Namboole. Come support our own team as it plays in it’s first ever finals. Entrance is free. Be part of this history.
ACE II Evaluation Visitation
UMU applied for the African Center for excellence second phase (ACE II) and succeeded to the 3rd phase. The evaluation committee for ACE II will visit UMU Nkozi campus on Thursday 19th November 2015. It will be appreciated for UMU staff and post-graduates to be present.
UMU 21st Graduation Ceremony
Preparations are on going for the 21st Uganda Martyrs University graduation ceremony. Candidates that will have fulfilled the requirements for graduation will be awarded their certificates, diplomas and degrees at the event that will take place on 12th and 13 November 2015.
UMU hosts DATAD Conference
Uganda Martyrs University Hosts the Association of African Universities Librarians for the Annual DATAD Conference.
The Database of African Theses and Dissertation (DATAD) is a programme to improve management and access of African scholarly work.
Research & Recent Publications
- Christine Ocokoru1, Robert Anguyo DDM Onzima2, Philip Govule3, Simon-Peter Katongole.(November 2, 2015). Prevalence and Drug Susceptibility of Isolates of Urinary Tract Infections Among Febrile Under-fives in Nsambya Hospital, Uganda
- Ezra Sebakiga Bigira, Simon Peter Katongole. (September 2015). Management of Hospital Security in General Hospitals of Southwestern Uganda. International Journal of Public Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 173-179.
- Simon Peter Katongole*, John Francis Mugisha, Robert Anguyo DDM, Everd Maniple Bikaitwoha, Lillian Nantume Wampande. (2015). Perceptions of Health Workers and Managers on
the Use of Non-Monetary Human Resource Motivation Tools in General Hospitals of Central Uganda.
- Mary Aliona Masika1, Simon Peter Katongole2, *, Philip Govule2. Improving Partograph Documentation and Use by Health Workers of Bwera Hospital: A Process Improvement Research. (2015).
- MUWANGA-ZAKE, J. W. F. (June, 2015). Whose Education is it? Values of Developing Communities Excluded from Curricula and Quality Assurance in Higher Education. World Academy of Science. Engineering and Technology Conference, London. UK..
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2015) Investigating the processes of socialisation in architectural education: Through experiences in East Africa, PhD Thesis, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- OLWENY, M.R.O. (2013) “Environmental sustainable design and energy efficiency in architecture education in East Africa”, Paper presented at the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 22-23.
- NDIBWAMI, A. (2013) People’s perceptions of new architecture : A dialogue between the architect, the architecture and the consumer.
- NSHEMEREIRWE, C.V. (2014). The relationship between pre-university schooling and university grades in Uganda (Doctoral Thesis, University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands)